Louise and 4 others gave talks to groups of children throughout the afternoon and had questions from the children afterwards. Some very challenging I must say!
We were asked to talk about the following:-
- Describing a ‘day in the life’ of your job.
- Describing what attracted you to the job.
- What qualifications/training is required.
- Progression and further opportunities in your industry.
- Perks to the career and any drawbacks.
- Demonstration of any equipment or showing photos/posters.
- Letting the children know where more information can be found
It was a great afternoon talking to the children and a great way to see were life could take them with a hard work and determination.